It's the best.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wayne and Garth's Excellent Adventure

The other week I was going to write a long-winded expose on how the movie Big was a rip-off of a lesser-known, lesser-good movie called Vice Versa. Starring the elustrious Judge Reinhold and a young, annoying Fred Savage (who later went to Stanford and my sister told me she saw him smoking doobies behind her at some concert). Anyhow, its not REALLY the same story but alot of the key elements are the same. In Big, Tom Hanks just gets older physically but not mentally. In Vice Versa Judge and Fred swop bodies (they are father and son). Vice Versa was shitty but me and Rex were both sad when it ended for some reason. Actually for a while I couldn't even bear to watch it because I was so embarrassed. You know that sort of embarrassment by osmosis when you feel so bad for someone else you cant even take it? Anyhow, it cost me 70 cents so whatever. Plus I bought it because of Judge Reinhold's face on the back. Ill try to find some pics. Man, typing Judge Reinhold over and over is kind of super sillious.
Anyways, the ACTUAL point here is that Wayne's World DID rip off Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (and Bogus Journey I suppose). Christian brought this up a while back and I didn't really think much of it. Butt then I just watched Bill and Teds again and it became very apparent. For instance:
Party On Dude! Waahwiiwahh (electric guitar snippet).
Well anyways, howcome no one ever brings this up??? Maybe they do, I dunno. Waynes World was huge. Im tired. Im hungry.

No comments: